måndag 10 oktober 2011

Chiffon Cake Recipe

It's after midnight, and I'm in my kitchen waiting for my Chiffon Cake to cool. The first one that I made last Friday, was ok. Mom, the person whom I'm trying to please, said that it wasn't soft and light enough. So I modified the recipe and I must say that I'm very happy with the results. The cake turned out very light, fluffy and soft.

My second attempt.

Ingredients:

Egg Yolks              6
Caster Sugar       50g
Corn Oil              50ml
Coconut Milk    120ml
Cake Flour        105g
Baking Powder     1tsp
Salt                    1/8tsp
Vanilla Sugar      1-2tsp

Egg Whites             6
Castor Sugar      145g


Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until thick and creamy.
3. Mix the corn oil and coconut milk, and add it slowly to the mixture while whisking.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar into the batter and whisk until it's well combined.
5. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually add the sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form. You know it's ready when you can flip the bowl over your head and the meringue should not fall.
6. Gently stir one third of the meringue into the batter. Then add the rest of the meringue to the batter and GENTLY fold the mixture in.
7. Pour the mixture into an ungreased baking pan.
8. Put the cake into the oven and bake it for 45 minutes.
9. Invert the cake and let it cool.
10. Use a metal spatula or sharp knife to separate the sides of the cake from the pan.

Good luck!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar